Hugo Taylor is without a doubt one to watch in the future of polo. First swinging a stick at the age of seven and only two years later playing a match alongside his dad, Simon Taylor, Hugo definitely has the passion for the sport running through his veins.
Fast-forward to the polo season of 2017 and Hugo has had one of his most memorable seasons. Having won the Jaeger-LeCoultre Gold Cup British open, his handicap being raised to two goals and winning 23 of 30 matches played, Hugo elated that he was "lucky enough to play alongside two of the world's best, Facundo and Gonazilto Pieres for King Power Foxes as both of these brothers have a 10 handicap!" Hugo has now been given the opportunity to play in St Tropez alongside two top players, Polito Pieres and Joaquin Pittaluga.
It comes as no surprise that Hugo's enthusiasm for polo earnt him many of his wins. However, it's Hugo's love of the horses that keep him tethered to the sport. Hugo tells us "I have an old favourite called Felicitas who I am fortunate enough to own, she has been playing with me for three seasons now and she always puts her whole into everything."
GET TO KNOW HUGO
1. If your time weren't taken up with perusing polo and becoming an up and coming star in the game, what would you be doing instead?
2. If you could spend the day with anyone in the world, who would you choose?
3. Having played around the world, do you have favourite grounds to play at?
The Centauros grounds in Argentina, pilar. This, in my opinion, is one of the best clubs in the world.
4. In terms of everyday fashion, what would you say is most important to you: style or comfort?
5. Which is your favourite social media platform? (Snapchat/Instagram/Facebook)
6. Which artist can you always be caught listening to?
7. What is your favourite piece to wear from the HP1875 range?
The HP Active Performance Hoodie in Blue Ink